For External Library Membership Policy: Click here
Timings: Monday ~ Thursday 9:30 am ~ 8:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am ~ 6:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am ~ 5:00 pm
|Membership Plan||Borrowing Limits||Security Deposit (Refundable)||Annual Fees* (Non-Refundable)||Total**|
|Professional /Individuals||2 Books+ Access to eResources||Rs. 6,000||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 7,000|
|Institutional (Up to 5 users)||10 Books + Access to eResources||Rs. 16,000||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 21,000|
|Corporate (Up to 5 users)||10 Books + Access to eResources||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 10,000||Rs.30,000|
|Alumni – PWP-UD||2 Books + Access to eResources||Rs. 4,000||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 5,000|
** This excludes one time registration fee of Rs.500/-. In the case of loss of Library ID card, Rs.350 will be charged for reissue.
The filled in membership form should be submitted to the IIHS Library along with the DD/Cheque payable to Indian Institute for Human Settlements, payable at Bangalore to the address below:
Indian Institute for Human Settlements
Bangalore City Campus, No. 197/36, 2nd Main,
Sadashivanagar, Bangalore – 560 080
Tel: +91 80 6760 6666Exn: 661
Fax: +91 80 2361 6814
- Borrowing Privileges : each member will be allowed to use 2 books for 4 weeks. This membership also allows users to access relevant electronic resources, including e-journals, subject to terms and conditions.
- Books being borrowed should be duly issued at the Library Counter and should be collected in person.
- Membership ID card should be presented while borrowing books from Library. Books on loan can be renewed twice, if there is no reservation against them.
- If the member fails to return the book on the due date, an overdue fine of Rs. 10/- will be charged per item, to a maximum of Rs 100 per item or for a maximum of 10 days, whichever is earlier. Due notices for the books to be returned and reminders for the overdue items will be sent to the users through email by one day in advance.
- No journal, case study, reference, textbook, audio-visual and cartographic materials will be issued out.
- Library resources are subject to recall at any time, if the requirement arises urgently. All the borrowed items should be returned to Library on or before the due date.
- If any Library item is lost or damaged, member should report it to the Library immediately, and the member should replace the item at their own cost within 30 days.
- If the member fails to replace the book within 30 days, procuring the items lost/damaged would be initiated in Library and the member would be charged the actual cost of the lost item, plus 20% additional charge.
Reference & Reprography Services
- Only Library members will be permitted to submit their reference queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such queries will be attended in 2 working days. The printing and photocopying charges will be Rs.1 per page, and courier and handling charges will be extra.
- Any other reference requests may be examined on a case by case chargeable basis subject to the provisions of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
General Rules and Regulations
- External members will be provided a Library ID card, which need to be brought on their entry to IIHS premises, and also will be provided a visitor ID card to register their visit. On their exit they should return the Visitor ID card back to security staff.
- Please treat the items in the Library with care. Ensure that the borrowed items are not lost or damaged in any manner. If you find that the book that you wish to borrow is already damaged, please report this to the Library staff immediately.
- Please inform us any change of your address so that we can keep our records updated.
- Please be quiet to respect the peace and tranquility of the Library.
- Bags have to be deposited at the entrance of the Library.
- Members are requested to keep the books on the tables after having checked them. Do not put them back on the shelves.
- It is strictly forbidden to eat, drink or smoke inside the Library.
- We reserve the right to search the bags on exit, if required.
- Violation of these rules can result in loss of rights permanently.
- The use of all resources from the IIHS library must conform to ‘fair dealing’ under Section 52 of the Indian Copyright Act 1957.