For External Library Membership Policy: Click here
Timings: Monday ~ Thursday 9:30 am ~ 8:00 pm
Friday 9:30 am ~ 6:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am ~ 5:00 pm
|Individual||Monthly||3 Books+ E-resources^||Rs1300 (1000*+300#)||Rs1800|
|Quarterly||3 Books+ E-resources^||Rs1500 (1000*+500#)||Rs2000|
|Half-yearly||3 Books+ E-resources^||Rs2300 (1500*+800#)||Rs2800|
|Annual||3 Books+ E-resources^||Rs4000 (3000*+1000#)||Rs4500|
|Alumni||Annual||2 Books+ E-resources^||Rs2000 (#)|
|Institutions/Organisations (Up to 5 users)||Annual||15 Books+ E-resources^||Rs15000 (10000*+5000#)||Rs17500|
|Corporates (Up to 5 users)||Annual||15 Books+ E-resources^||Rs20000 (10000*+10000#)||Rs22500|
* – Refundable security deposit |# – Non-refundable fee| ^ – Access within the library premises
$This includes a one-time registration fee of Rs.500/-. In the case of loss of Library ID card, Rs.350 will be charged for reissue. The filled in membership form along with a passport size photograph, identity card (photocopy) and the DD/Cheque payable to Indian Institute for Human Settlements, payable at Bengaluru should be given at the address below:
The Library, Indian Institute for Human Settlements
Bengaluru City Campus,
197/36, 2nd Main, Sadashivanagar, Bengaluru – 560 080
Tel: +91 80 6760 6666 Exn: 661
Fax: +91 80 2361 6814
- Books being borrowed should be duly issued at the Library Counter and should be collected in person.
- Membership ID card should be presented while borrowing books from the Library. Books on loan can be renewed twice, if there is no reservation against them.
- If the member fails to return the book on the due date, an overdue fine of Rs. 10/- will be charged per item, to a maximum of Rs. 100 per item or for a maximum of 10 days, whichever is earlier. Due notices for the books to be returned and reminders for the overdue items will be sent to the users by email one day in advance.
- No journal, case study, reference, textbook, audio-visual and cartographic materials will be issued out.
- Library resources are subject to recall at any time, if the requirement arises urgently. All the borrowed items should be returned to Library on or before the due date.
- If any Library item is lost or damaged, the member should report it to the Library immediately, and the member should replace the item at their own cost within 30 days.
- If the member fails to replace the book within 30 days, procuring the items lost/damaged would be initiated in Library and the member would be charged the actual cost of the lost item, plus 20% additional charge.
- For the paid library members Wi-Fi will be provided during the period of library membership.
Reference & Reprography Services
- The IIHS Library offers Ready Reference Service. Only Library members are permitted to submit their reference queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such queries will be attended to within 2 working days. The printing and photocopying charges will be Rs.1 per page, and courier and handling charges will be extra.
- Any other reference requests may be examined on a case by case chargeable basis subject to the provisions of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
General Rules and Regulations
- External members will be provided a Library ID card, which needs to be carried to enter the IIHS premises. They will also be provided a visitor ID card. On their exit they should return the Visitor ID card back to IIHS security staff. Members and visitors are not permitted to use other areas of the IIHS premises without permission.
- Bags have to be deposited at the entrance of the Library.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are strictly forbidden inside the Library.
- Items in the Library must be treated with care. It must be ensured that borrowed items are not lost or damaged in any manner. If a book that you wish to borrow is already damaged, please report this to the Library staff immediately.
- Any change in address must be communicated to us for our records to be in order.
- Members are requested to keep the books on the tables after having checked them. Do not put them back on the shelves.
- Please be quiet and respectful while using the Library.
- We reserve the right to search the bags on exit, if required.
- Violation of these rules can result in loss of rights permanently.
- The use of all resources from the IIHS Library must conform to ‘fair dealing’ under Section 52 of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.